Since my grandmother died, no one really felt like cooking and cleaning our usual Thanksgiving meal.
So…we went on a booze cruise.
I don’t really know what to say, which is sad because it was so AWFULLY AMAZING REDNECK ADVENTURE that I never want to forget.
Stream of Consciousness Highlights:
- They played Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville 3 times.
- They ran out of turkey.
- They spilled a pina colada on my Aunt
- MY AUNT ORDERED A PINA COLADA ON THANKSGIVING
- A really precious boy with Down Syndrome was dancing sooooo hard and it was so so so sweet to watch. He got really excited when they played Redneck Girl.
- You know, “Gimme oh gimme oh gimme a redneck girl.”
- THEY PLAYED REDNECK GIRL ON THANKSGIVING.
- I saw two couples, aged well over 60, making out on the bow catwalks.
- My Dad and I smoked a Cohiba on one of the balconies.
- He kept telling me it was illegal……………..and that is not really news to any Floridian.
Look Mom is doing the requisite high school social in Tampa, Florida.
I am willing to throw dollars at you.
I am not willing to teach myself through the internet (no thank you, electrocution)
lookmomblog [at] gmail
There are babies everywhere.
I WANT BABIES
(in 10 years)
SO MANY BABIES
It was nice. So nice, that I took pictures of him sitting across from me at the table. I probably have a hundred old pictures of W sitting across from me at the table.
Who says the fun has to end?!
Then I took pictures of MYSELF in the bathroom. To show you what I wore. Why doesn’t anyone care about what I wore?!
Channeling the gay guy who channeled Single Girls.
Still in the shitter, so to speak.
Anyway, it was a pretty cool and productive activity.
(Note: W and I were a “matching” couple because we both bear resemblance to lumberjacks.)
Then we walked to Future Perfect.
This is a store you could probably stand to visit.
It is more of an art gallery than a home store and you probably can’t afford it. Still, everything is cool and beautiful and you have seen it in a magazine at some point.
This is one of the more affordable items:
It reminds me of a goth baby porcelain doll I made when I was 11, circa 1996. I was entering the period of my life where I wore Jnco’s and pacifiers around my neck and backpacks made of stuffed animals. Oh, and pins. Lots of pins.
Around this time my mom was making lots of porcelain dolls “in the likeness of your child” for our rich neighbors. Her company was called Under the Roses and it predated her antique shop days. They were pretty creepy, because no one should have to look at a glass-eyed version of their 2 year old self…but mine were creepier. I cut off their fingers and gave them scars and over-fired them in our kiln so their faces would sag.
After Future Perfect, W ditched me and I went to my very favorite store on earth, Moon River Chattel.
I bought baskets for my shelves and a lampshade that is too big. I have a collection of lampshades that I can’t use because they are all the wrong size. Buh.
Nice days in Brooklyn.
- Natalie: ugh im jealous, during Anna's bridal shower in Tampa all the groomsmen get to go skeet shooting
- i wanna go!!!
- me: hahaha
- SKEET SKEET
- Natalie: wanna go skeet shooting with me?
- : )
- me: sure
- although it hurts my shoulder..wahh
- Natalie: YESSSS
- BE A MAN
I “DID YOGA” TODAY
I “JOGGED” TODAY